Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This virus is causing us all to take a hard look at how we best love our neighbors and guard their physical health (and our own!) The Conway Ministry Center (CMC) has identified several needs in our community:
- With public schools and daycare centers closed, there is a need for childcare. There are lots of things to consider and safety protocols to put into place, such as background checks, but the CMC is trying to build a database of childcare relief for families that desperately need to work. If you are interested in donating childcare, please contact the Ministry Center's office at email@example.com.
- Many front-line relief organizations are in desperate need of food, especially kid-friendly food and bottled water. These organizations provide for families and the homeless. If your children's church ministry purchased snacks, water, juice, etc. that is not being used, please consider donating. Bottled water is the number one need! Organizations in need include not only the Conway Ministry Center, but CAPCA, Soul Food Cafe, Salvation Army and other food pantries.
- Volunteers. Every organization listed above relies on volunteers to run their programs. Many of these volunteers have traditionally been retired, elderly people who, because they are at high risk for COVID-19, have been asked to carefully reconsider serving in public ministries. Younger, healthy volunteers are needed. If you would to reach out to the Ministry Center to volunteer, please email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Storehouse Food Pantry will continue to be open 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Clients are being asked to stay in their vehicles and volunteers will bring out pre-made boxes. If you know someone who is need and can't leave their home or is a shut-in, send a direct message on Facebook to the Conway Ministry Center, or email email@example.com.
- CAPCA is looking for extra volunteers at this moment for their Student Pantry on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Here is the link to their Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080445abae22a0fe3-spring.
- Conway Corporation and Entergy have committed to suspend utility disconnections during this time. If someone you know has received a shut-off notice, they just need to communicate with the utility company. If there is a rural water company threatening to shut off water, please email the CMC.
- More nonperishable meal packs are needed to serve the homeless. Around 200-250 meal packs are needed to get through the next couple of weeks. If you have a group with resources and nothing but time, contact Spring Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can help.
- Bethlehem House will be serving breakfast (6 a.m. to 8 a.m.) and dinner (6 p.m.) as well as offering showers from noon to 5 p.m. Salvation Army will be providing coffee and snacks each morning. Volunteers are always needed at these locations.