Welcome to your online American Nation I Guide at Story Library.
This Guide has been designed to provide you with library resources, internet resources, and research tools, including a Turabian style guide.
If you have questions, you can email, call, or text your librarians. We are here to assist you!
Where to start?
- Reading, Writing, and Researching for History: A Guide for College Students (research steps paraphrased)
- 1st step: "find an historical problem worth addressing" (usually by reading secondary sources to gain knowledge of subject)
- 2nd step: once question is identified, primary historical sources should be identified that address the question asked.
- 3rd step: once primary sources are found, one must read to understand, then collate information into a format that is accessible and that indicates a gaining of knowledge and a solution to the initial problem/question asked.
|EBSCO Discovery Service|
Some databases accessed via StorySearch are provided via--
- TRAVELER electronic databases provided by Arkansas State Library.
- This project is made possible by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act. Additional state funds are provided by the Arkansas Department of Education.
Visit the Library
- Text us a question at (501) 218-8509.
- Make an appointment for one-on-one reference assistance.
- Visit Story Library on the web.
- OR, from CBC's homepage, choose "Quick Links," and select "Library Services."
- From here, you can access ALL of our databases and a host of other library services.
Library Catalog: Search for Books, DVDs, & CDs HERE
Ask the Librarian!
Need help? Ask us!
During weekends and semester breaks, response times from Story Librarians may be delayed. Thank you for your patience.
Text your questions to a CBC librarian at (501) 218-8509.
On the weekends, response times from Story Librarians may be delayed. Thank you for your patience.
(Image is a QR code of the Text-A-Librarian phone number)