Interactive History Websites
Check out these fun, interactive websites designed to make learning about History fun.
Search CBC Catalog for Books
Use the CBC Library Catalog to find books.
- Keyword - broadest type of search. Type in the keywords that broadly describe your topic linked with the AND connector. For example: missionaries and india.
- Title - search for a specific book by title. Change the box label from "keyword" to "title" and type in the first few words of the book title. For example: atomic frontier days
- Author - search for books written by a specific author. Change the box label from "keyword" to "author" and type in the last name followed by the first name of the author. For example: giebel christoph
Major Resources and Tools
Online Catalog (To find books in the CBC library. Scroll down to see catalog searching tips.)
Research Databases (To find articles online. This link will take you to an A to Z list of available databases. Use the following recommended databases to find information on Social Studies.)
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search Premier
- African-American Experience
- American Indian Experience
- CQ Electronic Library (for current events)
- Global Issues in Context
- Latino American Experience
- SocINDEX w/full text
- World History Collection
- Current History
- History Today
- Journal of Modern History
Resources from around the Web.
- For a listing of the best Social Studies websites, including the National Archives, the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian Institution, check out this comprehensive list: 101 Great Site for Social Studies.
CBC Librarians are always happy to help! Click one of the links below to get answers to frequently asked questions. Or send us a text message or email to contact us immediately.
To submit a research or library question to a librarian, click HERE
For help and tutorials, click HERE.
For Citation help and style guides and other online research information, click HERE.
Librarian at your Service
Central Baptist College
Text your questions to a CBC librarian at (501) 218-8509.
On the weekends, response times from Story Librarians may be delayed. Thank you for your patience.
(Image is a QR code of the Text-A-Librarian phone number)
7:30 AM to 10 PM
7:30 AM to 4 PM
11 AM to 4 PM