Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why use a citation style?
The key to citing any source is to:
- be consistent in style and format;
- have a clear and neat format;
- present sufficient information for a reader to identify and find the work or cited passage;
- NOT make up your own rules.
For citing material from the Web, two additional pieces of information are usually needed:
- the electronic address or URL of the site (e.g. http://...) OR the Digital Object identifier (DOI) of the electronic article
- the date you accessed the site or database
Welcome to your Citation Style Guide!
Hello and welcome to your online Citation Style Guide at Central Baptist College Library. We have created this guide for you to use as you research and write your assigned papers, i.e. book and literature reviews, research papers, etc.
Each tab covers a different Citation Style, complete with book reference, weblinks, definitions, and how-tos.
If you have questions, you can email, call, or text your librarians. We are here to assist you!
Ask Story Library
Text your questions to a CBC librarian at (501) 218-8509.
Questions will be answered within 24 hours