Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Did you know?
A database is an "electronic collection of research materials, usually journal, magazine, and newspaper article, but also ebooks, images, and video."
--from University of Notre Dame Australia Library website, accessed 11/16/11
- Databases contain journal articles, images, video/audio clips, abstracts/summaries, eBooks, etc.
- You can email, save, and/or print most database items.
- Most databases will generate citations in your preferred format!
What's a journal?
- A journal is like a magazine, only its content is
- usually peer-reviewed,
- highly scholarly, and
- acceptable for college research projects.
- Journals are typically field-of-study specific.
- For eJournals, look at StorySearch.